Tuesday, 20 August 2019
Centre opens 9:00am today
4 stores are open now
Read here for the latest news and updates on the Cairns Central redevelopment
18th July, 2019
Media Release - Redevelopment Announcement
Lendlease launches $60 million Cairns Central redevelopment
Lendlease today announced its much anticipated $60 million redevelopment of Cairns Central, the premiere retail destination in Far North Queensland.
The redevelopment will include:
- the complete refurbishment of Myer, across a larger, single floor of approximately 7,500sqm with an improved retail experience and an increased number of new and exclusive brands
- a new fresh food market hall, anchored by Woolworths, offering exciting new dining options and food retailers
- new vehicle express ramp that will give customers easy and direct access to the fresh food market hall
- greater parking convenience with the implementation of ticketless parking, and parking guidance system
- new amenities including a children’s play area and additional parenting rooms
- ambience and amenities upgrades including bathrooms, customer service desk, furnishings and finishes.
Construction will commence soon and expected to be completed in late 2020.
To stay up to date with the latest news on Cairns Central’s redevelopment, visit the Centre website www.cairnscentral.com.au or our Facebook facebook.com/cairnscentral.
Quotes attributable to Centre Manager, Christie-Lee Jackson:
“This is the first time Cairns Central has undergone a redevelopment since it originally opened more than 20 years ago.
“We’re excited to be kicking off this project that will enable us to continue to deliver on our vision to give customers exceptional shopping experiences that reflect Cairns’ vibrant and diverse community.
“Cairns Central is always looking for opportunities to enhance the centre, to meet the needs of our customers and retailers in Cairns. This exciting redevelopment will further cement our position as the largest and leading shopping centre in Far North Queensland.”
Anthony Duggan, Woolworths Regional Property Manager:
"We are thrilled to have secured one of the key retail tenancies at Cairns' premier shopping destination Cairns Central.
“From fresh fruit and vegetables to a large range of grocery items at great prices, we look forward to delivering a modern convenient supermarket that will meet the needs of the Cairns Central shoppers well into the future."
Myer Cairns Store Manager, Wayne Cosgrove:
“Myer has been a part of the Cairns community for more than 20 years and this is great news for our loyal Cairns customers, team members and, importantly, for the local community.
“Works will include the complete refurbishment of Myer across a larger, single floor with an improved retail experience and an increased number of new and exclusive brands, for local customers.
“Today’s announcement further demonstrates the strong partnership we have with Lendlease and our shared commitment to a strong and sustainable retail sector not only in Cairns, but in Australia.”