Introducing Jordan Beard, local Fashions on the Field Icon and winner of major events both on local and national stage, to talk all things racing fashion
1. How did you get started in Fashions on the Field?
My Dad has been involved in racehorses for some time now and my sister took an interest into racing fashion which then got me hooked! It was always comforting to be able to do it together and we have had lots of fun along the way.
2. What inspires your outfits?
I am inspired by seeing a look come together for an idea of a piece of fabric to finishing it off with all the details.
3. Who are your favourite brands to work with?
My go to has always been Sonlia Fashion and Sonya Alba-Miller
4. What are your top 3 brands at Cairns Central?
5. Who is your racing fashion role model?
My racing role model would have to be my sister as she is the one who helped me discover my love for racing fashion and has always been there to support me and help me piece together my outfits even when it’s been brutally honest!
6. What’s your advice to someone wanting to enter FOTF?
Give it a go! Have fun, smile and don’t be afraid to be different! It’s not all about winning a sash, it’s about feeling beautiful and showcasing your own style and personality.